Thursday 22 May 2008

Lichtenstein Pop art style

I have been experimenting with a Lichtenstein Pop art style after i saw some work by an artist called Chris Whal.

here's how to produce those comic style dots:

to start you need to save out the image or the part of the image you want the dots in as a jpg, I only wanted the Iris of the eye to have the dots so I saved that layer out as a jpg.
  1. Go to Image/Mode and convert to grayscale, then Image/Mode and convert to Bitmap.
  2. Set the Resolution/dpi (I think it is set at what your working at by default) then set the method to Halftone screen.
  3. Set the frequency, I use a number around 10 - 40, at 300 dpi it depends what rez your working at.
  4. Set the angle to 45 degrees and the shape to round.
  5. Hit ok...
    so have a play around yourself, and thank Chris


No comments: